PYL strives to teach the basics of the game to all players, with improvement in skills and understanding as age and time increase.
The basics of the game include:
• Handling the stick – catching, throwing, cradling
• Positions – Attack, Midfield, Defense, Goalie
• Rules of the game (Youth rules)
• Physical conditioning and coordination
• Understanding of team concept
• Respect for the game and all participants
Our practice plans are structured and follow a set progression for players to pick up the above skill sets. A fair amount of discipline will be required from each player before, during and after practice.
With new players typically “spraying” balls over the field, we will insist that players hustle and pay attention to their surroundings at all times.
Posted in: Gereral